Why Choose Insero?
Experience You can Trust
For over 40 years, we have built a reputation for quality and value. We understand the complexity of performing governmental audits. That’s why we have a dedicated team of auditors who possess the specialized knowledge and expertise to help ensure compliance with the appropriate standards and changes in regulations that may impact your organization’s audit. We presently audit entities throughout New York State including:
- Community Colleges
- Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES)
- Public School Districts
Other Government Agencies:
- Public Libraries
- Fire Districts
- Public Benefit Corporations
- Water and Sewer Authorities
- Industrial Development Agencies
- Local Development Corporations
- Tobacco Asset Securitization Corporations
Our team stays current in this highly technical practice area by adhering to the continuing professional education requirements of the Governmental Auditing Standards Board (GASB). All auditor specialists attend various continuing education programs from the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), the Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE), and other New York State organizations including the New York Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA) and the Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) of New York. Auditors also stay up-to-date by reviewing monthly publications from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), New York State Society of CPAs, and Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
Our Quality Commitment
As a member of the GAQC, we are committed to adhering to the highest quality standards by voluntarily agreeing to the GAQC membership requirements. These include designating a partner responsible for the quality of our governmental audit practice, establishing quality control programs, performing annual internal inspection procedures, and making our peer review report findings publicly available.
Our goal is to continue to enhance our quality initiatives within our governmental audit practice to deliver the highest quality audit services possible.
Our Services Include:
- Financial Audits under Government Auditing Standards
- Compliance Audits under Uniform Guidance
- Program and Grant Audits
- Compliance Audits under NYS Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations
- School District Internal Audits
- Audits and Preparation Assistance of Consolidated Fiscal Reports (CFR)
- Agreed Upon Procedures (AUP)
- Fraud Audits
- Review and Testing of Internal Controls
- Other Consulting Services Related to Governmental Audits