If you are a board member, executive director, or staff member of a nonprofit organization, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I really know where my organization is at risk? Are there areas I feel uncomfortable with or unsure about?
- Is there a plan in place for managing risk? Is it working?
- Is my organization on top of changes in accounting standards for nonprofits including disclosure of cash flow, liquidity concerns, classification of contributions, lease reporting?
- Are there good internal controls in place? Are we adequately staffed to ensure a good system of checks and balances?
- Have I "followed the money"?
- Has a "fresh set of eyes" evaluated our financial operations?
- Are the financial reports I receive timely, accurate, and helpful?
- Do I know if we're at risk of losing grant funding and whether there are contingency plans in place?
If you answered "No" to any of those questions, the good news is you're not alone. The bad news is you could be at risk and not even know it. That's why Insero developed our exclusive Nonprofit Assessment Report. The assessment evaluates existing financial reporting requirements and timing as well as other areas including grant activities, organizational structure, human resources, board processes, and employee benefit plans, and identifies areas of risk and opportunities for improvement.
Our nonprofit specialists can provide a road map to the risk areas and guidance on how to reduce those risks. The Nonprofit Assessment Report is a quick, efficient, and cost effective way for you to understand easy ways to reduce your risk as well as ideas to improve your organization's processes and procedures.
Why choose Insero?
Our Nonprofit Solutions Group is made up of Certified Public Accountants and Accounting Consultants who specialize and take pride in knowing the needs and requirements of the nonprofit environment. Accordingly, we are able to provide our nonprofit clients with a wide range of services from traditional accounting and auditing to highly diverse and specialized financial consulting and advice.
With over 40 years of experience, we have built a reputation for quality and value. We presently provide audit or outsource accounting services to over 200 nonprofit and governmental entities throughout New York State including foundations and charitable organizations in social services, housing, arts and culture, education, child care, agriculture, and more.
To learn more about how to reduce your organization's risk, contact us today.